Sunday, June 12, 2016

Letters in Books: Cartas a ninguna parte

The gorgeous illustration below was the reason I bought this book by Ane Santiago a couple of weeks ago. It almost seems to embody the spirit of this blog, "from hand to heart", except in my case it would be touching not one's own heart but the other(s)'.



Cartas a ninguna parte (2016) is divided in different sections separated by a black page with only one word, as if to justify their purpose. 






I must confess the book is not exactly my cup of tea, but I still enjoyed reading it and above all eyeing the illustrations by Elena Pancorbo

This was my favorite text, dealing with the need of a 24-hour library or bookshop, and expressing the wish they were on duty, open, to heal the soul whenever you need it.

LIBRERÍA DE GUARDIA

Los locales que abren los días festivos son el mejor indicador de las necesidades emocionales que tienen las sociedades. Los negocios 24 horas, las tiendas que se quedan de guardia. Necesitamos comida, drogas y fe: por eso los supermercados, las farmacias y las iglesias nunca apagan las luces.

Es domingo y me pesa el alma. Tengo el mundo entre los pulmones y me aprieta ahí en medio, pesa mucho. Me pasa casi todas las tardes de domingo cuando se marcha el sol, se me pone el alma del revés y necesito darle la vuelta. Quiero una biblioteca de guardia. Quiero una librería de guardia. Me aprieta algo ahí en medio, quiero un remedio para los males mayores. Doctor, cúreme el desazón de esta resaca, hágame sentir menos sola; deme un par de versos a ver si el dolor se me pasa y consigo que se me ponga el alma del derecho. 

Me muero de vida, doctor. Deme algo que me muero de vida.






No comments:

Post a Comment